Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Toughy!

So, it's another balmy night in Denver (-5). When did it start getting so cold here anyway? Dang!

After finishing last night's blog, I was challenged to another duel. My husband thinks he is hysterical - and challenged me to write about a pooper scooper. However, I have something else in mind ahead of the pooper scooper. But, don't fret -I never back down from a challenge. That being said, tomorrow night we have a guest appearance and then Thursday night will be pooper scooper night. Gross.

The best crackers ever?

Picture this. You are perusing the aisles at your local Costco, and you turn your cart down the cracker aisle. You mosey down the aisle looking for your usual Wheat Thins or maybe you are hoity toity and go for Ritz. Whatever. At the end you see what appears to be an angelic light shining down on a mysterious box of crackers. Wondering if it is the bright Costco can light, or a heaven-sent cracker - you move on down the aisle to investigate.

When you get to the end of the row, you look at the box; it shows itself to be Crunchmaster Rice Crackers, Toasted Sesame, of course. Rice Crackers?! YUCK. Of course, this is your first instinct. You look around and see the woman next to you furiously shoveling the crackers into her cart. This alerts you that they may be delicious after all. You try to muscle in and get yourself a box, but it's too late. A frenzy of housewives has taken hold of the cracker aisle! Elbows are jammed into stranger's faces, perfectly parted and colored hair is pulled free from its pony. Velour sweatsuits of every color dash in and out of your peripheral. By the time the dust has settled, you get off the floor and straighten your hair. Glancing up to the empty spot on the shelf, you come to grips with the fact that the Crunchmaster Rice Crackers are GONE.

Fellow Costco shopper - don't fall into this trap! When you see these crackers, do like the first housewife and stockpile them into your cart. Run to the check stand like you are on Supermarket Sweep and don't look back! You won't regret it. With only 130 calories and 0 fat for 15 crackers, they can't be beat.

Ahem...

Ode to Crunchmaster Rice Crackers
Your toasted goodness makes my knees go weak,
I can eat a whole package and then feel like a freak,
With other crackers, I'd have to work out for a week,
But not with these, no, they make me stay chic!

Rice crackers with a flavor so mild,
I'd like to eat them till I go wild,
Even when I do I don't hide like a child,
Rice Crackers, your name I have filed.

So there it is! Stay tuned for tomorrow's entry. We have a guest appearance! Just wait till you hear her poem about lunch.

Till then - stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment